Happy Saturday! I’m sorry I didn’t post on Wednesday like I do every week, but this past week as just been crazy. If you’re a college student, then you know how had it is to get through these last few weeks of the semester. With essays, projects, and finals happening, it can all get really stressful. So for this post I’m going to talk about a few things I do to keep myself calm during this time of the semester.
- Get organized- being unorganized is one of the worst things when you have a bunch of assignments coming your way. I like to write down a list of all of the major assignments I have coming up, in order from when their due. This helps you see exactly how much work you actually need to get done and when you need to have them done
- Don’t cram- college students are notorious for cramming the day before an exam or an essay is due, but DON’T DO THIS. It makes everything so much easier when you start early on assignments or studying so that you can space out your work and not feel so weighed down by the amount you need to get done in a short period of time
- Actually study for exams- sometimes in college when you have a lot of things on your plate, it’s easy to just say “oh well, I haven’t gotten bad grades yet so what does it matter if I study,” but let me tell you, studying gives you peace of mind, knowing that you understand the material and won’t really have to worry about your grade plummeting
- Study in your most motivating setting- Everyone is different when it comes to how they like to study, but I find it much easier to get work done when I’m in an environment that is motivating. For some that is a quiet spot in the library, for others it’s with a group of people who have the same assignments. For me personally, I do best when I have one other person in the room working quietly with me. It has to do with accountability, they’ll know if I’m slacking off
- Get good sleep- I know everyone starts to go out a little more and stay up a little later toward the end of the semester because hey, we made it!! But it’s important to put priority in things most important and getting good sleep is conducive to being more productive and helps with memory as well (some of my psychology nerdy-ness for you)!
I promise you that if I can manage to do all of these things, then so can you and they’re worth it. You’ll know that when you aren’t feel stressed and getting good grades when others aren’t! Hope this was helpful, I’ll try to be back next Wednesday on my normal schedule again, and please follow or share if you enjoy the content!
This weeks’ post is going to be all about what I want for myself in year 2017 since by this time next week that year will have started, which is so crazy to me!! That being said, I don’t typically like making resolutions because I don’t always stick to them and I used to make lists of what I want to do and the perfectionist in me would get upset if I only checked off a few of them.
However, I do like setting a goal for myself for the next year. Just one goal that’ll help make myself better. This year that goal is to be healthier, in all aspects. Those aspects are: loving myself more, being a kinder/more patient person to others, and to say yes to more things. Post of you who read these don’t know me and don’t know that I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I can sometimes manage it very well and sometimes I can’t, but it holds me back from doing a lot of things. That’s why I have “say yes to more things” as part of being healthier. I want to say yes to going on spontaneous hikes with my boyfriend and yes to going out (not drinking) on a Wednesday night with my girlfriends – given that all of my homework is done. I also just want to make the people around me happier to be with me as well. Anxiety is tough on everyone, not just myself, and sometimes it leads to arguments or harsh words that aren’t true. I want to just try to be more mindful of that and how it affects the people around me. I want everyone to have a great 2017 and if I can help make that happen I want to!
I felt like this goal was a very realistic one and one that could really benefit a lot of the people in my life including myself. It’s going to be a good year, I can feel it! I hope you all are ready for the New Year and comment below what goals you have for yourself in the new year coming, I’d love to know!
Happy Wednesday everyone!
First I want to say sorry for missing a post last Wednesday, but if you’re a college student like me or were one, you know what finals week was like a I had six finals total. It was rough, but I made it through!
I’m back and better then ever today with my last gift guide post before christmas hits and this one is for all the special men in your life: your dad, your boyfriend, your husband, your brother, etc. After collaborating with my lovely boyfriend on this one I think I’ve come up with a pretty nice list of items that any man in your life would love
- Something that appeals to his adventurous side- Eno Hammock
- You could also go with a different company that has them for a cheaper price if you don’t want to spend as much
- An electric razor which can get really pricey but if you want to spend a little more on him this is a good choice- Phillips Norelco Shaver
- Soft socks and know socks seems like one of those thoughtless gifts, but my boyfriend LOVES getting socks especially if they have a print and are soft- soft Polo socks
- Cologne that you and him both love- a personal favorite is Blue by Polo
- You can never go wrong with a gift card to a food place such as chipotle, chick fil a, or subway (it also means “free” food dates with you if it’s a partner)
Hope this helps you all, especially if you need to do some last minute shopping and find shopping for a man as hard as I do!
I’ll see you all next week with another blog post on Wednesday! I’m very excited to get into posting stuff not christmas related, if I’m honest! haha
Happy December everyone!!
If you’re as excited about Christmas as I am then you’re surly thinking about Christmas gifts for everyone, so I decided to make two Christmas gift guides: one for women and one for men. I’m even going to try and get my boyfriend to collaborate with me on the gift guide for men.
Today’s Christmas Gift Guide is for Her. Here’s my list of things that I know I and many of my girlfriends would love to receive (I’ve also included links to some of my favorite things):
- a bath bomb- Honeysuckle Bath Bomb
- I highly recommend buy from a local apothecary shop if you have one because it’s great to support local businesses at this time of the year, but if you don’t have one Lush is a great way to go.
- a candle from bath and body works or yankee candle- Mahogany Teakwood Candle (on sale now!!)
- a gift card to Ulta Beauty or Sephora
- cozy, thick/wool socks- Cozy Crew Socks
- anything sentimental- (my personal favorite is a metal card with a note engraved in it) Metal Wallet Card
If you’re willing to spend a little more on her or want to get her a more luxury gift then either perfume, make-up, or jewelry are the way to go!
I hope this helps you all find a gift for either your mom, sister, wife, girlfriend, or any other important lady in your life!
If you’re new here, I’d like to say welcome! This is a blog with content mostly about beauty and lifestyle – and a few things in between. As of right now, I post every Wednesday at 12:00pm EST, but I may change it to twice a week if traffic starts to pick up here. It is still a work in progress, but I’m loving every second of creating content and reaching new people through this blog. Please feel free to click on the different pages and explore the blog a little. If you scroll past this introductory post then you will see my most recent ones. I hope you all enjoy the content!
Welcome to Grace Given, Chanel Wearin’